Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sugar, I'm many things. But...

...What you think I am? That's not one of them.


Honestly, the nerve of some people will never seize to amaze me.


On the outside, I'm many things. Strong, confident, silly, perverted and yeah, sure, maybe a little provocative. But I am definitely not a slut. As I have said before, I go to an all girl school. There are no boys around for me to be slutty with. I mean, get a grip.


The Situation (No, not like the Jersey Shore):


A few of my friends and I are talking about something. I forget what the exact conversation was, but something was said that could have been construed in a perverse fashion. I, being me, started snickering because it was a bit funny. My other friends soon joined in and a few moments later our snickers faded into half-hearted giggles.


Now, in the period of time between the misconstrued comment being said and our giggles another one of my friends had walked up. She put an arm around my shoulder and said, "I mean this in the nicest way possible, but Luna? You're kind of a slut."


... Wanna repeat that for the class, dearest?


Now, this girl is someone I consider(ed) a very dear friend. There are certain things friends joke about. Like, crushes on latin teachers, gods being unicorns and Jesus being everywhere in the school. You do not joke about someone being a slut. It's just not cool and I was honestly hurt by it. I may act provocative, but that doesn't mean I sleep with every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes my way.


Am I overreacting? I don't think so.


~*~ artificalmoonlight ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment